There are many code editors for mac out on the web today so it can take a while to find the right code editor that works best for you. Here's a collection of useful code editing software primarily for mac users. This collection features both free & premium editors.
You design and develop for the Web? Espresso turbo-charges your workflow with the perfect blend of features. Speed through day-to-day edits with extensive language support, contextual completions, powerful smart snippets, and Zen actions. Use the Navigator and code folding to prevail over the most complicated documents. Watch your web pages update in real time with live styling, visualize and inspect your layouts with X-ray, then push the changes to your server with Sync or Quick Publish. Oh, and did we mention CSSEdit 3 is built in?
TextMate brings Apple's approach to operating systems into the world of text editors. By bridging UNIX underpinnings and GUI, TextMate cherry-picks the best of both worlds to the benefit of expert scripters and novice users alike.
Taco HTML Edit is the premier HTML editor and PHP editor for Mac. As an HTML editor, Taco HTML Edit empowers its users to rapidly create their own websites. It is designed exclusively for Mac OS X and has many advanced features including spell checking, live browser previewing, PHP previewing, syntax checking, and much more.
Tumult HyperEdit is a lightweight HTML editor with a preview pane that displays the web page live as you type. HyperEdit breaks the tedious cycle of writing html, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser by combining the writing phase with the viewing phase. This clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS6 web design software provides an intuitive visual interface for making and editing HTML websites and mobile apps. Use new Fluid Grid Layout designed for cross-platform compatibility to create adaptive layouts. Review designs with the enhanced Multiscreen Preview before publishing.
You code the web. We revolutionized that process in Coda, putting everything in one place. An editor. Terminal. CSS. Files. But we knew we could do better. With Coda 2, we went beyond expectations. With loads of new, much-requested features, a few surprises, and a seriously refreshed UI, this update is, truly, major.
It has all of the necessary features to make creating and maintaining your website easy. Features like code hinting, code folding, FTP/SFTP integration, Subversion integration, it includes support for 13 builtin language like HTML, CSS, PHP, Cold Fusion, Ruby, SQL, etc. (of course you can add more). It is completely scriptable using your favorite scripting language, and it includes a Code Snippets library so you can keep track of your most used code snippets.
The most popular and powerful web development tool
- Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
- Accurately analyze network usage and performance
- Extend Firebug and add features to make Firebug even more powerful
- Get the information you need to get it done with Firebug.
- use Disk Browsers and FTP Browsers to view and open files on local and remote volumes
- edit files in Disk Browsers, Multi-File Search Results windows, Project windows. Even edit a single file in multiple windows!
- create BBEdit Projects to group and edit related files in a single window, no matter their location on disk
- create and edit files directly on FTP and SFTP servers with built-in Open from FTP/SFTP Server and Save to FTP/SFTP Server commands; or use Interarchy, Fetch, Transmit, or any other file transfer client with “Edit in BBEdit” support
- Open File by Name gives quick access to items in your BBEdit project (or Xcode project)
TextWrangler is a very capable text editor. What sets BBEdit apart is its extensive professional feature set including Web authoring capabilities and software development tools.
EditRocket provides the tools and features necessary to allow programmers to edit, create, debug, and navigate source code quickly and easily.