You may be surprised to hear that sales of Vinyl records has been steadily rising since 2007. If you’re a lover of vinyl records but need to find ways to store them, why not check out these genius vinyl storage ideas!
Vinyl storage doesn’t need to be expensive, why hide your vinyl records in a cupboard when you should showcase them proudly in your home! Let’s face it vinyl records have a quality that needs to be shared!
These 15 Genius Vinyl Storage Ideas include Ikea Kallax series, or hack Ikeas square storage system to make it vintage themed,Â cheap wire shelving for under $100 make for inexpensive vinyl storage or even a recycled wooden box makes for superb retro vinyl storage!
1. As you well know, there is always ye olde faithful Ikea Kallax series (RIP, Expedit).
Hereâ€™s everything in the Kallax series.
2. But there are many ways to hack Ikeaâ€™s square storage systems to look more vintage and less basic.
This hack uses stained plywood. How simple!
3. Records donâ€™t need to be stored on shelves. You can make your living room clutter-free by storing them in drawers.
4. Whether you keep your vinyl in drawers or on shelves, you can keep everything organized with alphabetical or category dividers.
These beautiful wood dividers by Kate Koeppel Design are $150 and up.
5. Flower box or small box storage secured to a wall is a good way to organize 45s.
6. Itâ€™s also easy enough to turn any stray cabinet drawer (easy flea market find!) into rolling storage.
Check out Impatiently Crafty for more inspiration.
7. Maximize your space by turning vinyl shelves into benches.
8. Ikeaâ€™s PS Storage Module also fits records. Buy a couple of these to stack or arrange as you please.
Theyâ€™re $34 each at Ikea.
9. Looking for something vintage? Search Etsy for â€œwire vinyl storageâ€ (or variations) for cute shelves, often under $100.
This black metal table costs $68 on Etsy.
10. What if you want to show off your vinyl art? Try turning your collection outward on a series of shelves.
11. This is also a nice way to present records, as opposed to lining all the spines outward.
You could definitely DIY this if you come across the right size box.
12. These basic blocks allow you to build a shelving unit of your own configuration.
Theyâ€™re $35 each on Etsy.
13. Turns out, Ikeaâ€™s Molder stool also fits records. It can definitely be painted, too, if you want to spruce it up.
Theyâ€™re $39.99 at Ikea.
14. If you donâ€™t have a huge collection and are looking for something funky, vintage record boxes can be found on Etsy.
This 1960s record box costs $50 on Etsy.
15. But if youâ€™re just looking for an easy way to spruce up a shelf, you can try painting the backing or the bottom for a pop of color.