With the weather getting colder and the days getting shorter it might be time to start getting creative indoors with these DIY winter projects for arts and craft! Not only are they super fun to make, they also have a useful purpose for winter time!
Your home will be warm and cozy in no time with these do-it-yourself winter crafts! With some genius winter diys likeÂ turning an old sweater into diy kitten hand warmers, dip pine cones in candle wax and essential oils for scented fire starters, turn a pretty blanket into a no-sew sweater wrap or even try making a hat from an old sweater!
DIY Winter Projects
1. Customize a cozy sweatshirt with some cozy words.
Perfectly for wearing on your date with Netflix. See how to make it here.
2. Wrap a candle in a sweater.
Even candles need to be cozy! Get the tutorial here.
3. Turn an old sweater into kitten hand warmers.
Theyâ€™ll keep you company as you sip your tea. Get the tutorial here.
4. Turn a pretty blanket into a no-sew sweater wrap.
Finally, an excuse to wear a blanket in public. Get the how-to here.
5. Put together this geometric no-sew coffee cozy.
Good for the environment and your soul. Learn how to make it here.
6. Dip pine cones in candle wax and essential oils for scented fire starters.
Learn how to do it here.
7. Tuft a headboard.
This is made with foam, a drop cloth, and some plywood. See how they did it here.
8. Put together a scarf with pockets to keep your hands warm.
9. Assemble this gauzy napping tent from scratch.
Hereâ€™s how to make it. You could also just fancy up a regular mosquito net, and hang it from the ceiling.
10. Cut out these easy butt-warmers for all of your kitchen chairs.
Leave no chair seat uncovered. See how to make these here.
11. Crochet sweaters for your vases.
Your eucalyptus never looked so warm. See how here.
12. Fill microwaveable hand warmers with rice.
Basic sewing skills required. See how to make them here.
14. Put together a draught excluder to keep that cold air out.
You put them beneath any door that leads to the ~outside~, and they keep the cold air out. Learn how to make this one at Fall for DIY, and if you donâ€™t sew, this is another perfect Stitch Witchery candidate.
16. Make easy boot liners out of the sleeves of an old sweater.
Get the how-to here.
19. Hot glue faux fur trim to a headband for warm fluffy earmuffs.
See how to make them here.
20. Customize a black mug with a white paint pen.
Or use a chalk pen so itâ€™s erasable! It can say â€œTrick or Treatâ€ in October, â€œGobble Gobbleâ€ in November, â€œLet it Snowâ€ in December, and â€œFuck This Shitâ€ in January.Hereâ€™s the tutorial.