Cottages are one of the most gorgeous places to live and areÂ typically a small house. The word comes from England where it originally was a house that has a ground floor, with a first, lower storey of bedrooms which fit within the roofspace.
In many places the word cottage is used to mean a small old-fashioned house. In modern usage, a cottage is usually a modest, often cosy dwelling, typically in a rural or semi-rural location.
If you love the idea of living in a cute and cosyÂ cottage in the countryside check out theseÂ 22 Gorgeous Cottages From Around The World you wished you lived in!
1. The Tavern Cottage in Hampshire, England.
2. The Hameau de la Reine in Versailles, France.
3. This striking cottage under the Northern lights in Lapland, Finland.
4. These isolated cottages on Lake Bokod in Hungary.
5. The Rose Cottage in Ireland.
6. This traditional cottage from an island of Portugal.
7. The Black Rock Cottage in Glen Coe, Scotland.
8. This rustic cottage in Wales.
9. This romantic cottage in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.
10. This cottage lost in paradise in Molokai, Hawaii.
11. This beautiful vine-covered cottage in Mallorca, Spain.
12. This Flemish Thatched cottage in Belgium.
13. This quaint cottage by a lake in Norway.
14. This cottage tucked away in the mountains in Landmannalaugar, Iceland.
15. This boathouse cottage in Ontario, Canada.
16. The Primrose Cottage in Buckinghamshire, England.
17. These appealing log cottages in Japan.
18. This pleasant looking cottage overlooking a pond in West Sussex, England.
19. These unique wooden cottages in Norway.
20. This delicate cottage in the Isle of Man.
21. This charming cottage in Gloucestershire, England.
22. And these enchanting cottages by Giethoorn in the Netherlands.