In the digital era now, some people still wondering how to convert DVDs to digital format and this article will guide you to easily use DVD ripping software, DVD copy software, or even some video converters to achieve that.
The DVD ripping software can rip a DVD to the intended digital file format like MP4, MKV, AVI, etc. The DVD copy software is similar but it’s more suitable to back up or duplicate the DVDs.
Video converters are designed to change the format and quality of movies or videos. The main purpose of these programs is to convert an existing file type into a file type that can be viewed by portable devices or gadgets.
In addition to this feature, some video converters also support DVD conversion and allow you to compress the video with a minor decrease in quality. Today we are going to look at why you should convert DVD to digital format.
The Reasons to Convert a DVD to Digital Format
Everyone should agree that DVD is very popular in the past, but with the growth of streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc., more and more people are moving to streaming services to enjoy their movies.
- One of the main reasons is that the DVDs are fragile. If you don’t keep it in a proper way, the DVD can get spoilt pretty fast.
- Next, DVDs are becoming obsolete. Even, the new laptops or computers don’t come with DVD drives anymore!
- Digitized DVD is a simple process – with a cutting-edge dvd ripper, such work should be possible by an expert as well as by a customary PC client.
- A digital format is put away everlastingly and doesn’t lose its quality. Contingent upon the power of purpose, normal computer hard drives live on normal for something like 10 years or longer.
- Lastly, those DVD lovers that keep plenty of collections will know that their DVD collection needs storage to store them and sometimes makes the house full of clutter!
Here we have gathered probably the best DVD rippers for Windows and Mac. The software can use to rip any DVD including commercial discs, i.e. DVDs with copyright protections. More multimedia software reviews are available on this site.
We are not recommending the video converters as not all movie converters can do DVD conversions. We also do not recommend the online media converter as generally, it’s less reliable compared to the desktop software.
1. Wonderfox DVD Ripper Pro (for Windows)
Wondershare DVD ripper ace is a useful and quick dvd ripper, furthermore furnished with many functions for producing the best quality output files. Here you can edit or manage video, apply impacts, and text, and work with sound.
This dvd ripping program permits you to quickly rip almost any DVD at a fast speed. You just need 3 simple steps to rip the DVDs with lossless quality output. It also has many presets available for you to quickly rip the dvd for different types of portable devices & gadgets.
The Feature Highlights:
- WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro allows you to convert clips to any of 150+ formats and has ready-made presets for mobile devices, including iPad, iPhone, Android, and more. You can convert a whole group of files to a new extension at once.
- It is an easy-to-use yet powerful grabber. Accepts as a source DVD, ISO images copied to other media of the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. Supports many video formats, including MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, MP3, and many more.
- The software supports all types of homemade and commercial discs. This includes encrypted discs like CSS, CPPM, RCE, etc.
- You can work with the default settings or experiment with the frame rate, bit rate, and other options. If necessary, the settings are saved in profiles.
- This paid dvd ripper is affordable and you can expect lifetime updates if you get the lifetime license. All purchases come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
2. MacX DVD Ripper Pro (for Mac)
If you are a Mac user and want to digitize your DVDs, this is software that will need to try at least once. The feature that attracts users is its unique and simple-to-understand interface. In fact, you just need 3 steps to rip a DVD successfully.
You can expect this DVD ripper for Mac to deal with any kind of protected DVDs and region codes. With their advanced settings, you can do some customization settings before ripping for better-quality output files. It offers a high-quality DVD conversion with lossless 1:1 output.
The Features Highlight:
- The ripping speed is just fast.
- Compatible with almost all commercial & handmade DVDs.
- A wide range of audio and video presets is available for playback on PC, and portable devices.
- Simple interface with just 3 steps to rip a DVD on MacOS.
- Good customer support; free download the trial version before committing to buy.
So, these are our recommendations for the best software to convert DVD to digital format for Mac and Windows. Of course, there are some free rippers around but we don’t recommend them mainly because they are unable to deal with protected DVDs. The paid software will always have better customer support which is extremely crucial if you encounter any problems.