If you’re selling your home you should consider a home makeover that will double your home’s value, sure home makeovers can be expensive but if you try simple curb appeal tricks like a basic paint job, adding a few plants along with some small home decorations you can make your home look so much more stylish!
We’ll be looking at these stunningÂ 15 Home Makeovers That Will Double Your Home’s Value! These home makeoversÂ showcase what makes a home standout and add more value in the long run.
With just a few coats of paint, some landscaping and some crafty exterior features you can transform any boring home into something innovative and modern!
You may also be interested inÂ 39 Ways to Add Instant Curb Appeal To Your Home!
1. Because this â€œbeforeâ€ photo looks blah, but the â€œafterâ€ is a total fairytale:
Choosing the right paint color can completely transform your house. Learn how to pick the right hue here.
2. And who wouldnâ€™t want to host a party in this Mad Men-inspired makeover?
Play up the genre of your place to add instant character. Do you have a â€™60s vibe, ranch-style home? Look into retro accent colors and mod exterior fixtures.
3. Or get cozy in this lurking-to-lovely transformation?
Tall trees and shrubs can make a small house look smaller. Look for lush ground cover plants and add a few pops of color to build more dimension to your walkway.
4. This metamorphosis went from dull to dollhouse.
Add exterior architectural details to your homeâ€”like attractive trim and a stone walkwayâ€”to turn a standard structure into a period piece. Learn more about exterior outfitting here.
5. And check out this evolution from demon house to dream house:
Patterned tile accents to your walkway can add color and personality to a neutral-toned house.
6. This home went from kind of creepy to totally classy.
Change the trajectory and length of your walkway to make for a grander entrance on a short lot.
7. And this door can now show its face in the neighborhood.
A brightly colored door is a great way to draw attention to your house and make it feel inviting. Check out this guide to pick the perfect color.
8. This grim nightmare became a walk in the park.
The contrast between a lighter walkway and darker mulch creates an illusion of length to a smaller entrance.
9. And this house was totally basic until it got some makeup.
Use a light trim color to highlight the architectural lines of the house. This will add more shape and dimension to your homeâ€™s overall appearance.
10. Some houses need a fully-loaded front lawn to seal the deal.
Adding a few steps to your walkway and framing a small garden with a fence adds more interest to a smaller front yard.
11. While others can benefit from a few window boxes.
That was easy. You can buy them here.
12. Faux shutters turned this weird bank into a respectable home:
Get the boards cut at the hardware store and you wonâ€™t even need a saw. Get the instructions at House Logic.
13. And this brown paradise got some interesting contrast:
Also, contrasting colors draw more attention to the windows.
14. This home got a pergola and shed its granny vibe.
Remove any wrought iron gates that can dwarf an already small entrance.
15. While this one got instantly cozier with a front door overhang.
Add an awning or overhang to add dimension and substance to simpler ranch-style house.
And for more easy curb appeal ideas, go here.