Many of us want to save time and money especially when it comes to cleaning. If you’d call yourself a lazy person, you should check out theseÂ 17 Cleaning DIY Hacks For Lazy People, featuring some creative ideas like using old socks for dusting, the lazy way to clean a blenderÂ andÂ avoiding cups by using original containers to eat from.
If you’re a lazy person like most of us these cleaning diy hacks are a must see! Not only are they time saving – they also save you some dough in the bank!
1. Walk around your house in â€œSwiffer Socksâ€ instead of dusting.
You know those sickeningly cozy socks that make you feel like a baby? Well, put those things on. Walk around your house. Take them off. You just dusted your apartment by simply having feet.
2. Use a lint roller to dust.
Run a lint roller over lampshades, mantles, and shelves to dust and vacuum all at once.
3. Spray furniture polish on anything to make it shiny.
Give your fridge (or your coffee table, or your dresser) some gold star treatment by doing practically nothing. But donâ€™t spray your floor. You will probably fall and be angry at us.
4. Line your toaster tray with foil before toasting anything.
Peel it off and you can get back to your boyfriend Netflix.
5. Avoid using cups and bowlsâ€¦
When you can, eat things out of their original containers.
6. At all costs.
I want to think someone wasnâ€™t high when they did this. But they probably were.
7. Use tape to pick up crumbs.
8. Use liquid shower gel (not soap) to avoid soap scum buildup in your tub.
â€œThe fats and oils in soaps create problems with soap scum,â€ Lynn Marie Bower tellsHousekeeping Channel. But since body wash is technically a detergent, itâ€™s specifically formulated to prevent gross crud from caking up in the shower.
9. Blend soap and water to clean a blender.
Press a button and youâ€™re done.
10. Use plastic food wrap to make clean-up easy.
When things get gross, just rip out the liners and add new ones.
11. Clean your microwave and your sponge all at once.
Microwave a damp sponge on high to kill the bacteria hiding in all its nooks and crannies. The steamy vapors will help clean stuck-on nastiness. Using an oven mitt, wipe the sides of the microwave with the sponge.
12. Tape a dryer sheet over an air conditioner vent to freshen up the room.
Never light a scented candle again.
13. Keep cleaning liquid in the bottom of the toilet brush pan.
Obviously, make sure to wash your toilet brush after using because dat shit nasty.
14. Wash almost everything in the dishwasher.
If youâ€™re lucky enough to have one. For a full list of things you can wash in a dishwasher, go here.
15. Clean greasy gas burners in a sealed plastic bag with ammonia.
Pick up burners. Put burners in bags with 1/4 cup of ammonia. Seal bags. Let sit overnight. Wipe burners with sponge. Don a crownâ€”you are now the clean queen.
16. Run 1 part vinegar + 1 part water through a brew cycle in your coffeemaker.
Then run just water through the cycle twice to make the vinegar smell goes away.