Most of us don’t have the luxury of buying expensive furniture, but if you still want that expensive look here are some fantastic hacks to make your furniture look ways more expensive!
With some excellent do-it-yourself ways to make your furniture to expensive like adding some extra paint,Â turn your furniture fancy with some fancy wallpaper and loads more decor ideas that will spruce up your furniture.
1. Cut shapes out of contact paper and stick them on your side table to give it a modern look.
Learn the steps here.
2. Add brass corners ($9 for a set of eight fromAmazon) to a coffee table.
4. Use adhesive-backed wooden strips, calledStikWood, to upgrade a headboard.
At about $14 per square foot, you can DIY small projects with zero carpentry skills.
5. Just paint the outside.
Leave the drawers unpainted for a cool contrast. Learn more about it here.
7. Spray paint it gold.
The ultimate IKEA hack: Gilding the Vittsjo shelf ($80).
9. And donâ€™t forget about spray painting hardware.
These IKEA EKBY brackets ($22.99) are looking mighty fine.
10. And yes, you can even spray paint cushions.
11. If you want a quick transformation, replace furniture legs.
Pretty Pegs makes custom legs for IKEA couches. Get the tutorial here.
12. This bookshelf was turned on its side before the legs were attached to make a mid-century console.
13. If you donâ€™t want to break a sweat adding legs, you can just prop it up.
14. Cover a table with marble contact paper.
16. You can use wallpaper to upgrade an old chair, too.
18. Or you can apply painterâ€™s tape before spray painting for a striped pattern.
19. Paint frame mats to add color to cool typography prints.
20. Wrap three-ply jute twine around your pendant light cord for a rustic look.
21. Replace drawer pulls with library card catalog hardware.
22. Cover a dresser with Oâ€™verlays ($39 for 3 panels).
23. Or just add some colorful decals.
24. And lastly, you can just scribble on words with a permanent marker.