You don’t have to spends lots of money on storage when you’ve got the Dollar Store. If you’re looking to save some dough but still want to but products that will help with organization, these useful dollar store organization tricks will help you get some great storage solutions for around your home.
With some pretty cool ideas like using Pizza pans as a magnetic wall storage for your children’s toys, hang baskets on walls for a fancy towel holder or even organize your jewelry with some dollar store accordion hooks!
TheseÂ 31 Useful Dollar Store Organization Tricks Everyone Should Know are definitely worth a try!
1. Hang baskets on the wall to hold towels in the bathroom.
Try using two different sizes to keep it from looking too boxy. Get the tutorial here.
2. Hide hot tools in a file box on the side of your sink.
And free up storage space under the sink. Get the tutorial here.
3. Keep your favorite nail polish colors in a spice rack.
Now, you probably canâ€™t fit all of your colors in there, but use a spice rack to display your seasonal inspiration. Or leave out the colors you want to wear more of.
4. Add a second shower rod for extra bathroom storage.
Hook hangable baskets to the second rod and store all the body washes.
5. Or DIY bottle holders with suction cups and hair ties.
Suspend bottles to keep them from cluttering the shower ledges. Learn how to make them here.
6. Keep makeup in a binder.
When you travel, open the binder locks and pull out the bag you need. Organize bags by themes (like everyday makeup, evening makeup, etc.) so you have everything all in one place.
7. Organize medicine by category and store in clear bins.
Because you shouldnâ€™t have to go through a sea of bandages before getting to the Pepto. Get the tutorial here.
8. A utensil tray keeps toothbrushes organized.
Which will cut down on the times you drunkenly use your roommateâ€™s brush.
9. Make a tiered tray for jewelry and perfume.
You need: candle stick holders, metal trays, super glue, and a sponge brush. Get the tutorial here.
10. Store your kidâ€™s small toys in travel soap box holders.
Keep track of playing cards, crayons, beads, stickers, and more.
11. Place plastic cups inside a muffin tin to make a mobile art caddy.
No mess here.
12. Put baskets on the stairs for kids to place their loose toys.
Cute and helping you stay clutter-free.
13. Use dollar-store pizza pans for on-the-wall magnetic storage.
Magnets have found a new home (besides the fridge). Put them in your kidâ€™s room to keep them inspired. Learn how to make them here.
14. Stash bobby pins and barrettes in a craft box.
Type A pro-tip: Organize them by color.
15. Slide books into a napkin holder.
Organize a desk space by stacking books vertically in a napkin holder. Get the tutorial here.
16. Use buckets to organize their art supplies.
Get the tutorial here.
17. Use a mesh laundry bag to hold toys kids like to play with at the beach.
That way youâ€™re not scrambling around day-of the outing gathering up toys to take with you. Just grab the bag and go.
18. Keep your car clean by using a cereal container as a trash can.
Line it with a bag and prevent random trash from flying around.
19. Keep car essentials in a hanging shoe organizer.
Hang it from the back of the passenger seat and have everything all in one place.
20. Use velcro and office trays to organize your drawers.
21. Organize jewelry on accordion hooks.
So cheap. So easy.
22. Stash hair ties with a carabiner.
Keep the clip in a bathroom drawer for easy access.
23. Hang a second bar in the closet for your sweaters or your kidâ€™s clothes.
If youâ€™re hanging folded-over pants or skirts on a high rod (with a lot of space beneath it), hang a second rod to double up on closet space. You can do this for kidsâ€™ closets, too. Get the tutorial here.
24. If you need a shelf, hang a few baskets instead.
If your TV console could use a shelf to store remotes and the like, screw in a few hooks and hang a row of baskets. Get the tutorial here.
25. Use shower curtain rings to hang belts.
Secure a rod to the inside of your closet wall and keep belts organized. Learn how to make it here.
26. Use shelf dividers to organize bags.
Keep bags from getting wrinkled up with cheap shelf dividers. Group them by season.
27. Use self-adhesive hooks to hold measuring items in a kitchen cabinet.
Making cookies just got easier.
28. Keep tea in trays.
Stash tea bags in a drawer without them clogging up the cabinet.
29. Use storage baskets in your fridge.
And feel a wave of serenity every time you open the refrigerator door.
30. Baskets are your friend when it comes to the pantry.
And here is where the god/goddess stores their edibles. Get the tutorial here.
31. Turn magnetic baskets into spice racks.
Or glue magnets to the backs of any baskets you like.