If you’re a looking to prank your friends orÂ familyÂ this April fools day we’ve got a great collection ofÂ 41 Badass April Foolsâ€™ Day Pranks For The Whole Family! We’ll be showcasing some harmless and more importantly funÂ which everyone can enjoy.
April Fools’ Day (sometimes called April Fool’s Day or All Fools’ Day) is celebrated every year on the first day of April as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxeson each other.
The jokes and their victims are known as “April fools”. Hoax stories may be reported by the press and other media on this day and explained on subsequent days. Popular since the 19th century, the day is not a national holiday in any country, but it is well known in Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil and the United States.
1. Spill â€œmilkâ€ all over your kidâ€™s most prized possession.
This splatter (which wonâ€™t harm your kidâ€™s computer or anything else) is easily made using glue and soap. Learn how here.
2. Serve a dessert grilled cheese.
Your kids wonâ€™t be mad at you when they realize they get to eat poundcake and frosting. Learn more here.
3. A mashed potato sundae also makes for quite the surprise.
Act like the coolest parent ever and tell your kids youâ€™ll be serving sundaes for dinner, that way when they realize their sundae is actually mashed potatoes and gravy, it can be their dinner. Learn more here.
4. Put a fake parking ticket on the windshield of your newly driving teen.
Download the PDF here for $5.
5. Stick googly eyes on the food in your refrigerator.
6. Tell your kids youâ€™ve baked them a pan of brownies.
Er, make that brown Eâ€™s. Via Mrs. Goffâ€™s Pre-K Tales.
7. Confuse your kid on the ride to school.
8. Stuff toilet paper into the toe of your kidâ€™s shoes.
This is especially fun if you casually mention to your kid first thing in the morning that their feet look bigger.
9. Send your kid to school with a moldy sandwich.
The sandwich is fine, of course. Itâ€™s the sandwich bag that has green markings on it. Order a pack of moldy sandwich bags here for $4.99.
10. Freeze your kidâ€™s morning cereal.
Put a bowl of your kidâ€™s favorite cereal and milk in the freezer overnight, then watch in the morning as your unsuspecting kid clanks a spoon against the frozen milk. Learn more here.
11. Rig a ketchup bottle to squirt string instead of ketchup.
â€œHot dogs are ready, kids. Tee-hee!â€ Learn how to make one here.
12. Sew one of your kidâ€™s socks closed halfway down.
If youâ€™re the sewing type this prank will leave you in stitches.
13. Make â€œchocolate chip cookiesâ€ out of mashed potatoes and black beans.
Find the recipe here.
14. Put a â€œfor saleâ€ sign in your front yard.
Want to take this prank to the next level? When your kid asks where youâ€™re moving to, say, â€œAlaska.â€
16. Make your kid think the principal called.
Use your best acting skills as you tell your worried kid the principalâ€™s laundry list of complaints.
17. Take a photo of someone your kid cares about â€œfloatingâ€ (like a parent, grandparent, or sibling), then show it to your kid and feign amazement.
â€œI canâ€™t explain what happened, kids. Right now everything I know about the universe is upside down!â€
18. Cover the remote sensor with a piece of tape.
Try not to laugh as your kid tries over and over to turn on the TV. Find this prank and some other good ones here.
19. Block the spout of your kidâ€™s shampoo bottle.
Unscrew the cap, cover the top with saran wrap, then screw the cap back on and cut off the excess.
20. Put a twist on a sunny-side-up egg.
A halved peach in yogurt not only looks like an egg, but also makes a delicious breakfast. Learn more here.
21. Put a surprise in the mailbox.
This one is especially great for kids who regularly bring in the mail.
22. Squeeze a few drops of food coloring into the bottom of your kidâ€™s bowl, then cover it with cereal.
When your kid pours the milk it will change colors as it rises to the top. Learn morehere.
23. Put a few dye pellets under the cap of your faucet.
Unscrew the cap to the faucet, put a pellet from an Easter egg kit under it, then screw the cap back on. This will make colored water come out of the faucet.
24. Make your kids chicken not pie with pudding and candy.
Learn how here.
25. Switch the bags inside two boxes of cereal.
This is especially funny if you switch your kidâ€™s sweet cereal with dadâ€™s bran flakes.
26. Change the settings on your kidâ€™s mouse or trackpad.
In your computerâ€™s settings you can make it so that the cursor goes in the opposite direction than it normally does.
27. Take a screencap of the desktop on your kidâ€™s iPad or computer and leave it up full screen.
Your kid will be stumped why nothing happens when they touch or click on the icons.
28. Try this â€œdollar in a bookâ€ trick.
Sorry, kid. Mwahahahahaha!
30. Serve up a glass of juice that is really Jell-O.
That first sip will be classic. Learn more here.
31. You can also use gelatin to make this unusual glass of milk.
This â€œmilkâ€ actually is quite tasty and makes a sweet snack. Learn more here.
32. Paint a bar of soap with nail polish and leave it in the shower.
The soap wonâ€™t lather, which should give your kids fits as they try to get ready. Find this prank and others like it here.
33. When your kids are sleeping, switch them into each otherâ€™s bed.
Waking up in their siblingâ€™s room is a hilarious way to start April Foolsâ€™ Day.
34. Pick up your kids from school wearing a funny wig.
When your kids ask about it tell them you went to the hairdresser while they were at school.
35. Plant â€œdoughnut seeds.â€
Ask your kids to plant some of these in the yard before they leave for school, then replace the â€œseedsâ€ with real donuts to be discovered when they get home.
36. Tell your kid you bought them an iPad.
â€œIâ€™m sorry, sweetie, did I say iPad? I meant I bought you an eye pad.â€
37. You can also tell your kid you bought them an iPhone.
How mad can they get when itâ€™s made out of chocolate? Learn how to make onehere.
38. Replace Cheetos with carrot slices.
Open the bag from the bottom, swap the Cheetos for carrot slices, then glue it back together. Your kid shouldnâ€™t mind â€” after all, theyâ€™re both orange, right?
39. Superglue a couple coins to the ground outside.
40. Make candied apples with onions.
Your kids will find this one hilariousâ€¦in a decade or two.
41. Lastly, if youâ€™re feeling really ambitious you can try this outrageous prank.
Tell your kid to lean close as you cut them a â€œslice.â€ Just donâ€™t expect your startled kid to help you clean up the mess!