For a cozy and relaxing chair you could sleep in, the chair needs to be designed in a particular way. We’ll be taking a look at some super creative chair designs you can sleep in, there are some great ideas out there like a giant pillow chair, blanket burrito chair or even an outdoor nest chair.
Did you know?
1. The oldest known chairs were ceremonial furniture from An1cient Egypt 5,000 years ago.
2. Chairs came into common use only in the 16th century. We sat on benches or stones before that.
3. The word ‘chair’ came from ‘cathedra’, a Latin word from words meaning ‘sit’ and ‘down’.
4. A ‘cathedral’ was so called as it is the seat or chair or seat of a bishop.
5. There is no mention of chairs in the Bible, though Shakespeare mentioned them eight times in Henry VI Part III alone.
6. Thomas Edison invented the electric chair in 1889 to show the dangers of alternating current. 7. Emperor Menelik II of Abyssinia bought three electric chairs and turned one into a throne when he realised that Abyssinia had no electricity. 8. “The discontented man finds no easy chair,” (Benjamin Franklin).
9. The earliest known reference to the game of Musical Chairs dates back to 1877. read more chair facts