Summer is a great time to go out and enjoy nature, but if you can’t afford to go on a holiday why not try these fun ways to transform your backyard this summer? Summer reminds us all of lazy days at the beach or pool, exploring nature and have fun with family and friends which is why many of us love the season!
It’s also a time when flowers come out and fill the landscape with beautiful colors and smells, these backyard tricks will help you make the most out of these fun season. With great ideas like building your own fairy garden, turning your inflatable pool into a DIY fountain, making a fun game fromÂ water balloon piÃ±atas and a DIY mini golf course the whole family can enjoy!
1. Build a fairy garden.
Itâ€™s a little bit of pure magic in your yard. Make one easily out of a birdbath or a tree stump.
2. Bury that trampoline.
Itâ€™s actually safer than an above-ground trampoline, and much more aesthetically pleasing too.
3. Combine that in-ground trampoline with a SPLASH PAD.
Epic times ahead. Head on over to Splash Zone for more info.
6. Create a giant bubble with plastic sheeting and a fan.
Just be sure to supervise during this activity.
7. A tarp and sprinkler will create a fun splash pad for a slide.
The sprinkler keeps the tarp wet for a full day of fun splashing.
9. Make an epic pillow quilt for backyard slumber parties/movie night.
10. Build a swimming pool out of bales of hay.
Thatâ€™s right. I said BALES OF HAY.
11. Host a picnic with vintage rugs.
All your photo ops will look straight out of a Free People catalog.
12. Make a â€œwee villageâ€ garden.
Your child will have so much fun playing with this miniature village, and itâ€™s a great way to get them outside.
13. Make a butterfly feeder.
They luuuurrrve overripe fruit!
14. Cover rusted swingset chains with pool noodles.
They also add a little pop of color to an otherwise drab backyard.
15. Play a refreshing game of water balloon piÃ±atas.
16. Sunflower forts > blanket forts.
At least in the summer.
17. Make a convertible sandpit/seating area out of pallets.
The full tutorial is here.
18. Use your slackline for zip-lining instead.
20. Or a rope course.
22. This reading nook will give you so many enjoyable future summers.
23. If youâ€™ve got the landscaping skills, build a secret passageway.
24. Create a garden teepee.
25. Or a willow den.
26. Create your own mini golf course.
27. For your summer BBQ: Make a game of beer pong battleship created out of styrofoam.
Take a shot when a ship is sunk.
28. Write an inspirational quote on a brick wall with moss graffiti.
Get the recipe here.
29. Make a giant rug loom out of an old wooden frame.
30. Angry Birds IRL is actually much funner than the phone version.
32. Get the whole family in on a game of Twister.
Spray paint isnâ€™t awesome for your lawn, but all the fun you have will make it 100% worth it.
33. Spring for a giant inflatable movie screen.
Itâ€™s 12 feet wide, people.
34. Use cardboard boxes for a drive-in movie night.
Youâ€™ll be hosting the ultimate sleepovers.
35. Turn your shed into a livable space.
36. Create a puppet theater out of vines and tree stumps.
Nature play at its best.
37. Hide your pool.
Possibly more ridiculous than awesome, but one can dare to dream.