HalloweenÂ is one of the best times of the year to dress up and to embrace all things horror! But do you enjoy Halloween so much that you’d want a permanent Tattoo of the holiday season? In today’s article we’ve foundÂ 50 Awesome and Creepy Halloween Tattoos. With some amazing tattoos featuring Halloween Pumpkins, Fall Leaves, Spiders, Skeletons, Haunted Houses and more.
Do you know these Halloween Facts?
- Because the movie Halloween (1978) was on such a tight budget, they had to use the cheapest mask they could find for the character Michael Meyers, which turned out to be a William Shatner Star Trek mask. Shatner initially didnâ€™t know the mask was in his likeness, but when he found out years later, he said he was honored.
- The first Jack Oâ€™Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
- Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas.
- The word â€œwitchâ€ comes from the Old English wicce, meaning â€œwise woman.â€ In fact,wiccan were highly respected people at one time. According to popular belief, witches held one of their two main meetings, or sabbats, on Halloween night.
- An intense and persistent fear of Halloween is called SamhnainophobiaSamhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Fifty percent of kids prefer to receive chocolate candy for Halloween, compared with 24% who prefer non-chocolate candy and 10% who preferred gum.
- The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl’s call meant someone was about to die.
- According to Irish legend, Jack Oâ€™Lanterns are named after a stingy man named Jack who, because he tricked the devil several times, was forbidden entrance into both heaven and hell. He was condemned to wander the Earth, waving his lantern to lead people away from their paths.
- The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
Read more Halloween Facts Here
Now let’s scroll down and checkout theseÂ 50 Awesome and Creepy Halloween Tattoos. You might also enjoy 37 Awesome Tattoos That Make Clever Use Of The Body!