Kids are full of fresh ideas and innovations. They can come with things that can actually astound you. Let your kids come with things that they can do on their own to decorate their room. There is no need to spend a huge amount of money on your kids’ room as their needs keep on changing with age. For instance, if a child is small you will like to have cute things put on the walls. But as they grow they might want things that define their passion or which appeal to their distinctive taste.
Below is a list of some amazing kid’s wall art ideas that can be easily incorporated and will add a whiff of fresh air to their room.
- Play with Art they have Created– If your child is fond of drawing and painting, then you can use his/her art to decorate a wall in the room. Kid’s room wall art should be in sync with what your child likes to do. This also helps to build a sense of belonging and the child feels that he/ she is admired for his/ her work.
- Hand Collage of Childhood Pictures– You can document the growing years of your child in the form of pictures. From the birth pictures to cute toddlers’ clicks, create a collage of these pictures and put it on the wall. They look extremely adorable and will add up to the decor of the room. Also, the child gets a feeling of security and love in seeing pictures of family bonding and happiness.
- Use Indoor Plants– Placing indoor plants in your child’s room is one of the ways you can make your child environmentally conscious. The child should be encouraged to take care of indoor plants. Not only does this increase the oxygen level of the room but it also looks very pleasing to the eyes.
- Play with Special Characters– Every child has a special character that he or she is extremely fond of. It could be a superhero such as Captain America, Spider-Man or if you have a girl it can be Barbie or Elsa. Do one of the walls of the room by placing these special characters on the shelves. When you use the toys of your child to decorate the room, the child automatically becomes a part of doing up the room.
- Create a Medal Wall– If your child is extremely brilliant you can create a medal wall. Hang all his/ her medals and trophies on one of the walls. You can even name the wall as “The wall of achievement”. This will motivate the child to perform better. It is also a way to show admiration to the child for what he/ she has achieved so far.
So, go ahead use these interesting wall art ideas for your child’s room. Bring out your creative side. Let your child help you and it will be a fun family activity for all of you. There is no rule of how you need to decorate your child’s room. Go by what you like and what interests your child. Just keep in mind that there is a harmony in whatever you do because this is what will look pleasing to the eyes.
Try to keep the decor in neutral hues. This way you can incorporate changes in accessories and this will bring about a huge change in the look. Also, try to avoid age-specific wall art. Children grow up very fast. Things that look very sweet in the toddler years might look ridiculous during the teens.