During this pandemic, your top priority should be to step up your sanitation cleaning – and it starts in the bathroom. Your bathroom stalls are no exception. People often see bathrooms as disgusting and dirty, but that shouldn’t be the case for yours. After all, it only takes consistent maintenance and cleaning to keep the occupants happy and safe.
The rule of thumb in cleaning and maintaining bathroom stalls is never to use chemical cleaning agents. Bathroom stalls come in different materials, so one cleaning method may be effective for one material but not for others. Hopefully, you’ll learn how to clean and maintain stainless steel bathroom stalls through this article.
Maintaining and cleaning bathroom stalls
Stainless steel bathroom partition stalls are the strongest materials out of all the bathroom stalls out there. People call them “The Terminators” because no matter what you hit them with, they’ll keep standing. But without proper maintenance and cleaning, they wouldn’t be as durable as they are supposed to be. They might corrode and become ruined. Stainless steel, after all, isn’t 100% steel and may rust under certain conditions.
Stainless steel stalls are easy to maintain. They don’t require special effort to retain their pristine look. The most effective way to preserve their shine and brilliance is to perform regular cleaning. Maintaining them should be minimal, about once every year, especially following proper bathroom stall installation. Check every bolt and screw, make sure to fasten them tight, and keep them that way. Make sure to adjust the door gaps to maintain the privacy between the bathroom occupants.
Why is it important to maintain clean bathroom stalls?
Covid-19 is just around, and nobody knows who can get infected. For this reason, you must maintain the maximum level of hygiene. You may be doing everything to keep your family safe, but are you doing the same in your bathrooms? If you want to fight any disease-causing pathogens, you should start in the bathrooms – if they’re dirty, you attract germs and viruses. But if they’re clean, you entice more customers to your business.
There are so many reasons why it’s crucial to clean and maintain the bathroom partitions and stalls. Let’s classify each of them:
Avoiding the spread of diseases
The main goal of maintaining hygiene is to combat diseases and viruses like Covid-19. Washrooms are among the most common places where viruses could spread easily. Ensuring the cleanliness of these places is extremely important. Doing so will help not just yourself but also everyone who uses the bathroom.
Improving your reputation
Regular cleaning and maintenance can improve the condition of your bathroom. And as it improves, so does your reputation. Clean bathrooms could positively affect the experience of everyone using them. Your customers will appreciate that and will even be loyal to you. Cleaning and maintaining your bathrooms can go a long way and make a positive change.
How to maintain stainless steel bathroom stalls
Generally, these are the steps to clean and maintain them:
- Inspect any breakage in the material to ensure that the stalls are in good condition.
- Check all the walls and joints of the partition. All the joining points the screws should be in the proper configuration. Tighten any loose screws for maximum protection.
- Grease the critical points to keep the partitions’ motion smooth.
Using these methods, you’ll be able to ensure the maintenance of your bathroom and stalls. But what about stainless steel bathroom stalls?
- The best method to maintain stainless steel stalls is frequent regular cleaning. Use a mild detergent or ammonia solution rinsed with clear water. Never use a steel wool cleaning pad, wire brush, or other materials that contain harsh abrasives.
- If you need to remove dirt buildup, use a metal cleaner for stainless steel. You may need to scour deposits using a mild abrasive powder. You can remove fingerprints, grease, and oil using detergent, water, and a solvent like kerosene, acetone, etc. Rub it in the direction of the grain of the material.
- Rinse the stainless steel with clear water, and then wipe the surfaces using a soft cloth. Doing so helps remove all the traces of the cleaning agent. Again, wipe and rub it in the direction of the polished lines.
- If the stalls have a continuous hinge, you may need to regularly apply an LPS II or a non-drying, industrial-type lubricant.
Things you should consider when cleaning bathroom stalls
Cleaning bathroom stalls and partitions is very crucial, so you must maintain proper protocol during the process. These points below should help you when it comes to cleaning and maintaining bathroom partition stalls:
Choosing the right cleansers
Your choice of cleanser plays an essential role in the cleaning and maintenance process. You must make sure that you aren’t using any potent compound. Using such chemicals can lead to the deterioration of the bathroom. What you can do, however, is to overcome this situation. To do this, use a material-friendly solution that will not ruin the surface of the stalls. Also, do not use hazardous chemicals, as they can negatively affect the occupants’ health.
Harmful pathogens and bacteria could rapidly accumulate on the surface. Because of this, you must routinely clean the bathroom. Deploy a cleaning program, not just to keep the stalls and partitions clean but also to keep everyone from catching the coronavirus. In this manner, you’ll be able to minimize the spread of Covid-19.
Cleaning the bathroom isn’t as simple as it seems, considering the situation we are in today. You need to hire a team responsible for doing the regular cleaning. See to it that the team follows the procedures to ensure the safety of everyone using the bathroom. These tasks will need professionalism and precision, so instead of doing it by yourself, you should hire a good team. Also, give the team all the types of equipment they will need to clean the bathroom.