When buying commercial furniture, you need to keep some things in mind. Buying commercial furniture is very similar to buying furniture for your home. You want the best for your customers, just like you’d want the best pieces of furniture for yourself. While they’re similar, furnishing a commercial establishment has more aspects to keep in mind. Not only are you catering to others, but also you have to keep your budget and your restaurant’s image in mind.
And just like when furnishing your own home, there are definite do’s and don’ts for when you have to buy commercial furniture.
- Don’t settle for the cheapest option. While this can be tempting, definitely don’t always go for the cheapest items. Since they’re the cheapest, more than likely the furniture isn’t good quality, and therefore won’t last very long. Since commercial furniture goes into restaurants, they experience more wear-and-tear than any furniture you’d put in your house. Because of this, having cheap furniture won’t work, as it won’t be able to keep up with the stress it will have to endure. Constantly having to repair or replace commercial furniture like this will cost you more money in the long run.
- Don’t buy plastic furniture. Or at least try and avoid it when possible. And in particular, don’t buy plastic chairs. Just like getting the cheapest option, buying the weakest material will require more maintenance and eventually cost you more money. Commercial chairs are constantly being used and worn down, so they need to be sturdy and durable. Even more than it’s fragility, plastic furniture almost always looks cheap, which is not the impression you want your restaurant to give.
- Don’t purchase too many immovable furniture pieces, if any. Many times chain, or commercial, restaurants will have furniture that you can’t move. These pieces are usually uncomfortable and guests aren’t as easily able to enjoy their meals, since they can’t adjust the position of their table or chairs. This also hinders big parties from coming to your restaurant since you can’t combine tables.
- Along the same lines as the plastic furniture, don’t buy tables made of laminate. Again, while this material costs less, the cons heavily outweigh the pros. Not only does it not last long, but also it quickly shows clear signs of wear and tear. If budget is an issue, keep in mind that there are other popular, affordable options, such as metal furniture.
- Set a budget before you start shopping. This will help you from the getgo and will give you a clear idea of what you can and can’t buy. Having this in mind beforehand is helpful because you never want to go shopping and see something you love that is completely out of your price range. Sticking to the budget regarding your furniture will help you in other aspects of your restaurant. That’s crucial since there are so many expenses that go into starting a restaurant.
- Be sure to look at several different pieces and styles of furniture for your restaurant. Don’t be afraid to shop around! This is helpful because you can give yourself ideas and ensures that you choose the furniture that best suits your space.
- Always take your time before buying your items. Many times people who are furnishing commercial spaces want to get through the process and end up making easily-avoidable mistakes by rushing. Since a restaurant has lots of moving pieces, you really need to take your time and set yourself up for success from the start.
So, there you have it – a short guide on buying commercial furniture for your restaurant. All these tips should help you find the perfect pieces without any problem.