Are you a History buff or know someone who is? Why not surprise them with a history inspired gift idea. Today we’ll be taking a look at some quirky and inspiration filled history gift ideas that have the spotlight on an historical topic or event.
Fun and Creative History Gift Ideas
With some creative and fun gift ideas for history buffs like finger puppets of some of the most badass females that have ever lived. Or how about a Abraham Lincoln inspired history buff T-Shirt. Or perhaps a travel mug that brings together all of Henry VIIIâ€™s various wives over the years.
Or what about a shirt that celebrates Frederick Douglassâ€™s excellence or even a way to display the Gandhi quote they wish to see in the world! You see history is cool, which is why you study it in school. Not only that the passing of time means that all sorts of items eventually become rareties to pay homage to.
Perhaps the extinct dinosaurs are the most remarkable reminder of distant history. We find exceptional examples of their past all the time. Such as this most recent discovery of a perfectly preserved fossilised dinosaur. An example of what were once very common items that only increase in scarcity and importance. Just like first edition 1986 copies of Slippery When Wet you might say.
All good humor aside history makes for great gift ideas and opens up all kinds of design possibilities. Everything from vintage wine to old cars, vinyl and apparel make the grade. Take a browse across some of these history gift ideas.
2. An iPhone case will suffice, as well.
$19.99 on Cafepress.
3. Finger puppets of some of the most badass females that have ever lived.
Like Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, and Rosa Parks. $6.95 each from The Unemployed Philosophers Guild.
4. A Rosetta Stone flash drive.
Â£9.99 from The British Museum.
5. A Travel Mug That Brings Together All of Henry VIIIâ€™s Wives.
Where is the fun in just having one. If it was quite alright for an ancient King of England to have multiple wives to keep him company all those years ago, then why not?
$22.99 on Cafepress.
10. A mug that celebrates the Supreme Courtâ€™s highs and lows.
The names of the loser of each case appear when the mug gets heated like a courtroom battle.
$13.95 from The Unemployed Philosophers Guild.
11. Two thousand years of history condensed into an extra-useful ruler.
Just like Theodore Roosevelt said, â€œSpeak softly and carry a historically accurate stick.â€
$22 at Readers & Writers Shop.
14. Socks That Celebrate Some of the Finest US Presidents.
Bet youâ€™ll be washing that middle one a ton. (Sorry.)
$30 on Amazon.
15. A PSA that Marie Antoinette didnâ€™t say anything about cake.
$24.80 from Redbubble.
17. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Hamilton.
So they donâ€™t throw away their shot to listen to the best show tunes in quite some time.
$22.85 on Amazon.
18. A beautiful chart that chronicles the entire history of life on earth.
$200 from Uncommon Goods.
19. A pencil sharpener shaped like a catapult.
Â£2.99 from The British Museum.
21. A poster that shows that George Washington should be glad he crossed the Delaware before iPhones were invented.
$31.60 on Zazzle.
24. A way to display the Gandhi quote they wish to see in the world.
$59 from Lookhuman.
26. A Kickass Coffee Table Book.
$14.95 from Urban Outfitters.
27. Or a Tome That Finally Sheds Light on Historyâ€™s Forgotten Characters.
$20 from Buy Olympia.
29. A hatching dinosaur candle, if prehistory is more their thing.
$45.19 on Firebox.
30. And this shirt that just really wants things to go back to the way they were.
$15.99 on Etsy.
History Gifts : Final Thought
Clearly you can keep on going, this is just a small sample of ingenius history gift ideas that will amaze and astound friends and family. Time after all stops for no one.