Thanks to high-quality UX design, you’ll be able to expand your customer base and boost your sales. From this article, you’ll get to know about the five essential components of UX design and about their significance for your business.
Top-notch user experience (UX) design is a vital prerequisite for success of any online business. It will enable you to boost your customer satisfaction, expand your client base, increase your sales and maximize your income. The UX acronym denotes the overall experience that a person has while visiting a website or an app. From this article, you’ll get to know how exactly your business can benefit from professional UX design and how to make the most in this aspect.
UX design includes the following five components:
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
Information architecture provides users with easy navigation in all browsers. The most important element of your site’s architecture is its top-level navigation menu. You’ll need to choose an optimal menu after considering many diverse combinations and permutations.
Interaction design suggests creating the conceptual design that enables your clients to interact with your product and site or app. The key elements of this interaction are colors, fonts, images, icons, sounds, space, graphics, motion and the overall aesthetics.
Usability is synonymous to user-friendliness. You need to make sure that the visitors of your site or app quickly find the information that they need. Your site or app should be easy to navigate and it shouldn’t contain errors.
Wireframing implies that you build a sample of the application to test its features, look and usability before the actual launch. It’s a cost-efficient and highly reliable method of testing the product’s functionality and assessing whether it serves its purpose.
Visual design allows you to better define your brand. It doesn’t boil down to the right choice of visual elements. You should analyze how design can impact your users’ behavior and try to inspire people to order your products.
Here are some facts and figures that emphasize the importance of high-quality UX design.
- When your potential customers open your homepage, 86% of them want to immediately see information about your goods or services, 64% want to see your contact details and 52% of visitors want to see the About Us section.
- 47% of website visitors check the products/services page before looking at any other sections.
- After visitors reach your website through a referral link, 50% of them will use the navigation menu to orient themselves and 36% of visitors will click on your brand’s logo to reach the homepage.
- 44% of your potential clients will leave your website if they fail to find your contact details there. 51% of people believe that thorough contact information is the most important element missing from many company websites.
- 38% of users will leave your site if they don’t find its layout or content attractive enough. If you give people just 15 minutes to consume content, 66% of them would prefer to read something beautifully designed than something plain.
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load.
Hopefully, these statistics convinced you of the UX design significance.
You’ll appreciate the advantages of an excellent UX design in at least four aspects.
No matter which industry your business belongs to, you probably have many competitors. When a potential client opens the sites or apps of several rival companies, they will be likely to close down the ones with poor UX design immediately. They might not even want to compare the prices and the range of products if they realize that they won’t feel comfortable when using a particular site or app. Meanwhile, well-designed UX can increase your conversion rates up to 400%.
UX and SEO work hand in hand. You should create high-quality content for your site and optimize it for SEO. This content should be up-to-date and informative so that your users find value in it. Well-thought-out UX design will enable you to structure the content so that users can easily find the part that they need the most. Also, UX makes the content more visually appealing.
Thanks to an optimized partnership of SEO and UX, you’ll be able to keep your clients on your site for a longer time so that they learn more about your brand and products. Your site’s ranking in search engines will increase and you’ll get more traffic. To be on the top of Google search results is the dream of every business owner — and good UX design will allow you to achieve it quickly and easily.
The more credible your site or app, the more leads and sales you will have. Visitors start trusting your brand as soon as they open its site or app and like its UX. If their first impression is not too favorable, they will be less motivated to purchase your goods or order your services. For businesses that are just taking off and have not made a name for themselves yet, it’s especially important to encourage people to trust them at first sight.
Entrepreneurs who pay little attention to UX design at the initial stages of building their sites/apps often need to rebuild their products. This might happen for the following reasons.
- Clients provide straightforward feedback saying that they don’t like the UX design
- Analytical tools suggest that sales might be low due to poor UX design
- Entrepreneurs are unhappy with sales but don’t know exactly what they should change — and so they change the UX design
To avoid excessive expenses and save your nerves, you should think over every detail of your UX design in advance and test it on a sample group of users.
When building your website or app, you should rely on professional UI/UX design services. The looks and the usability of the product play a key part in attracting customers to your brand and retaining them.